If you are a Verizon customer you are probably aware that the mobile communications provider was testing reduced Netflix streaming speeds last month. It turns out that this test might have been an effort to better understand
In a recent press release, Verizon said, “These plans give you the best unlimited choices, but you also get what only Verizon can give you: the best network, the best rewards program, the best way to manage your plan with the My Verizon app, and the best selection of phones and devices.”
With all that in mind, then, lets take a look at what Verizon is actually offering.
The Unlimited plans offer up to four lines at different price points. Essentially, the more lines you have, the more you can save:
• 1 line at $75 per month
• 2 lines at $65 per line per month
• 3 lines at $50 per line per month
• 4 lines at $40 per line per month
To get these prices, though, you must opt for paper-free billing and AutoPay. Otherwise, there is an additional $5 for each billing cycle. Still, with each of these plans you will enjoy:
• Unlimited talk and text
• Unlimited 4G LTE data—however, you could find slower download speeds anytime the network is congested (not just during peak times), with no guarantee for high speeds with eventual throttling.
• DVD-quality streaming (at 480p) on smartphones
• HD-quality streaming (at 720p) on tablets
• Unlimited mobile hotspot use (with speeds capped at 600kbps, maximum)
Now, Verizon is also offering a Beyond Unlimited plan which, basically, upgrades the service for just a little more money. The prices, then, are (with AutoPay and paperless-billing):
• 1 line at $85 per month
• 2 lines at $80 per line per month
• 3 lines at $60 per line per month
• 4 lines at $50 per line per month
And with these plans you will enjoy the following services:
• Unlimited talk and text
• Unlimited 4G LTE data, but you could still experience reduced speeds if thereis network congestion AND you have exceeded 22GB in a billing cycle
• HD-quality video streaming on smartphones (at 720p)
• Full HD (1080p) video streaming on tablets
• Unlimited mobile hotspot data at LTE speeds up to 15GB.
• Free calling, text, and data in not only the US but also Canada and Mexico
Verizon is also offering a Business Unlimited plan which only offers 4 lines at $45 per line per month at its base service; with DVD-quality video and high-speed hotspot usage capped at 10GB. Also, they are offering a simple prepaid unlimited plan of $80 per line per month for unlimited 4G LTE talk, text, and data and DVD-quality streaming.